SAFE HANDLING INSTRUCTIONS
We recommend using disposable plastic or latex gloves for handling our tripe products.
- ALWAYS wash your hands, countertops, and utensils after handling tripe products.
- ALWAYS keep tripe separate from other meats. A plastic container with a tight-fitting lid is a good approach and will keep the odor contained.
- NEVER try to cook tripe or eat these products yourself. The products are “Green” and have not been “cleaned” (not bleached or scalded). Green tripe products are FOR ANIMAL CONSUMPTION ONLY!
- NEVER defrost tripe in the microwave – you will never get the odor out of your house.
- NEVER cook green tripe, it is intended to be fed to your dogs raw. Product can be partially thawed, cut to portion, and refrozen.
- Feed approximately 2% of dogs body weight per day.